Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Part & Parcel: My Biking Route at Home

Between 5 and 7 p.m., Monday, April 26, along  AR Rt. 130. Cloudy, but still like walking thru parts of heaven. These pictures really do not do justice to the beauty of this place.
blue & gold are our school colors;
i can't see these colors combined in clothing without thinking
of every pep squad, cheerleading, and homecoming t-shirt i have ever owned



. . . that i could convey- the opening of summer - the first buds of honeysuckle- thousands of ladies-in-waiting, roadside beauties


The smell is:
dry & sweet- hay, honeysuckle, fresh manure
moist & pungent - creatures of God formerly living, and heated asphalt

The farmland is freshly tilled and waiting.
Not my favorite - I like late summer, tall blades of corn and rice rising to the skies







This Land My Body

4 comments:

  1. your pictures are awesome!!! The fields remind me of home as I'm from a rice farm in NEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these pics and thoughts! Makes me think of home in NW Alabama...my roots are in farm dirt and the Tennessee River. You write beautifully. I'm grateful I found your blog, and I hope you're taking really good care of yourself. Be encouraged...keep healing...one day at a time! peace and blessings, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. You have the ability to find beauty in the least likely places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice pictures. I haven't been to that part of the state much, and have only been to Dewitt once, so it was nice to get a glimpse of it.

    ReplyDelete