Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Taste of Summer



I realize I haven't really blogged in a while - I've just uploaded pix. Honestly, though, this is much more fun for me. I don't have to think of a topic, and I'm really not that keen to share everything that's going on in my life or head, anyway. I promise a real blog update is coming soon. For now, though, here is another attempt to catalog the neighborhoods of Atlanta.
One recent afternoon William and I walked from Columbia Seminary to downtown Decatur to get some frozen yogurt. We bopped around the square there for a minute, then walked back to campus. The pix are mainly of the square and flora I captured around campus.
Doesn't this picture look like it could be in a food magazine? This is William's yogurt. I believe he got vanilla with chocolate sauce, strawberries and kiwis.

Yum!
I got strawberry and honey orange zest yogurts, and put a few white chocolate chips on top.


Over-priced dress boutique. The only thing I could afford in here are those construction-paper flowers in the window. . .




That mist is actually the fountain. It blows up around the sculpture of kids flying around the world and looks like clouds.




 Sculpture in front of Twain's Brewpub. You're sure to find at least one seminarian in here at anytime.





Dogwoods on Agnes Scott's campus


I told y'all in my post on "Reynoldstown" that I'm obsessed with doorways.


I have no idea why these concrete posts are marked with Vs/Roman Numeral 5s and spray-painted blue. I just know I like it. And now, cropped in to make a W:



So, this crushed paper cup (I think?) was wadded up and thrown in the gutter. In my mind, the object resembles some kind of beautiful, exotic, origami-ish crane. To me, it looks like the head is facing the leaf, trying have a conversation with it. Kindof like and "Are You My Mother?" thing. A very weird, Tim Burton daydream.










 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts like this. I like to take and see these kinds of pictures, and since the Atlanta area is on my list of places I might want to move to, I'm interested in seeing what there is to see and do.

    ReplyDelete