Monday, March 22, 2010

From Heaven to Memphis

I have been bursting to tell anyone within earshot about my new TRUCK!! After ALL the hassle of the past 7 months - I FINALLY have reliable transportation! It's pretty pathetic when you can't even enjoy the plush amenities of a new vehicle because you can't get over the fact that the car actually STARTS when you put the key in the ignition! And the radio works! I am living in the age of the Jetsons, my friends.
My wonderful parents graciously gave me my dad's three-year-old Mitsubishi Raider. They flew me into Memphis Friday night, and I drove that steel-gray beauty back to Atlanta on Saturday. I am ecstatic. And, after driving it around for a few days, I am surprised to find out that I absolutely love driving a truck. I never thought I'd be a truck girl, but there's such a visceral thrill that comes from having people move out of the way for you. I sit up higher, I can see better, and I can take up more space on the road. For a petite girl like me, it's quite a fun change to be "large and in charge," especially on Atlanta's crazy roads.
It has a short bed that is lined with "Rhino Lining." It is a four-door, dual cab interior, and is really surprisingly spacious. I am so happy, and, though I wouldn't have picked it for myself, I wouldn't drive anything else now. I don't have a pic of my truck, yet, but here's a promotional shot of one. The color is almost the same.
Call me if you want to go on a joy ride. Did I mention that I love it?

2 comments:

  1. Only thing to add now is a gun rack!! They'll really move over for you then. Demand respect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the new ride! I used to drive my dad's truck all the time and loved it too:)

    ReplyDelete