Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wear a Dress Tuesday!

My good friend Sarah over at "The Strength of Faith" came up with the idea of "Wear a Dress" Tuesdays. She wrote a really awesome post about the psychological boost of wearing a dress and being in a community of women who are also dressed up for no good reason. Yesterday was the first time I participated, and, you know what? It DID make me feel better. I was having a really horrible day, so I put on a spring dress, over-did my eye make-up, and rocked it out on a Tuesday. It just made the day seem more. . .special. And getting compliments didn't hurt either. Unfortunately, I only have class from 6 - 9 p.m. on Tuesday, so I didn't see the other girls or get to be in the group shot. Anyway, here are a couple of pix of me - for Sarah!!!
 



Oh, did you want to know about my outfit? Okay. I bought both the dress and the jacket at the thrift store this weekend. I believe the dress was $3 and the little motorcycle jacket was $6. The black ballet flats were FREE because they came from a clothing "recycle" party hosted by my friend, Mary Beth. I bought the belt and leggings at a really cheap, really awesome store next to my Kroger called "Simply Fashion." I believe the tights were, like, $7 and the belt was $6. My friend, Margaret, bargained the necklace I'm wearing down from $8 to $5 at the Starlight Six Saturday Flea Market. It has a hand-painted Spanish basilica on it. The hoop earrings came from Target - a 3-pack for $15. Nailpolish is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Blazing Blue." Really, it's more like a navy, which is why I bought it (my favorite color). And, my lip gloss is poppin'!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you participated even though we didn't get to see you! That outfit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woooooot!!!!! You are rocking that dress, girlfriend.

    I will link back to you when I post today.

    ReplyDelete